girlgeek: (BSG: Baltar & Caprica 6)
[personal profile] girlgeek
In between the different cuts I have included small bits of spoiler space for those that only want to jump in for part of the conversation.


There's alot more boobies in Caprica than there were in Battlestar. So far.


Caprica City Skytrain station!

Laptop made of paper?

Yaletown! I really need to get my website up and running.

West Van mansions!

Vancouver Public Library!

The school they filmed XMen at?

Art gallery!

More yaletown!

THose look like Canuck colours... but that's not GM place.

Cigarette Smoking man! ... bye *waves*

Also, blood spray? Ew.


Cybernetic Lifeform Node = Cylon?



























 

---The whole look and feel makes me think of Superman Returns. It's that classic 1950s thing. With suits and hats and whatnot, but then out of the corner of your eye you see a cellphone, or robot butler.

I am curious to see how closely they stick to the mythology established by the BSG tv series. It has been suggested that the boxed 7th cylon model, Daniel, is related some how to the main character who has just lost his daughter and had downloaded her to a cylon body.

As in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, I can guess that somehow this new cylon-zoe will turn on her creator (somewhat constructed as Daniel, despite most of the leg work being done by Zoe herself before her death. The creator needs to take responsibility for their creations. So either that Daniel has failed as a parent to his new robot daughter (she woke up alone on a table, already abandoned?), or had he failed before he already began, in being unable to relate to his teenage daughter?




















 

I think the most interesting thing about the concept of cylons and cybernetic lifeforms is the question of when they cease to be just machines, and become beings. If they "feel" real, or are unaware of their origin, how is that any different from you and I?

Verdict: Moore and Eick have done it again. I will definitely be watching.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-04-18 03:32 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shamoogity.livejournal.com
Here is my problem with Caprica. There's all this religious dissent and whatever, but it's not interesting to me anymore because they've basically already told us (in BSG) that the one true God exists. So, I guess God wants suicide bombings. There's no ambiguity left for me.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-04-18 01:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] inzpyrd.livejournal.com
I can't see any pictures...

(no subject)

Date: 2009-04-19 05:11 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] girlgeek.livejournal.com
Cause there aren't any?

(no subject)

Date: 2009-04-25 11:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] commander-keen.livejournal.com
Just saw it.

Should be interesting. I need to see more to make an informed decision. will make a post about it later. I have a whole bunch of notes about it.

Profile

girlgeek: (Default)
girlgeek

April 2009

S M T W T F S
    12 34
5 6 7 891011
1213 141516 1718
1920212223 2425
2627282930  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags